😊 ***Support us by subscribing*** 😊
How much does a electrical engineer make in a year?
In this video, we examine the average Electrical Engineer salary in 2019. We gathered data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) to determine the average salary of Electrical Engineers. We also look at the historical salaries of Electrical Engineers and the top 5 best metro areas by salary for Electrical Engineers.
These income statistics are from the Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) program. These salaries do not include bonuses or benefits. In our opinion, these are the most accurate salary numbers (better than indeed, glassdoor, and payscale).
Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of electrical equipment, such as electric motors, radar and navigation systems, communications systems, or power generation equipment. Electrical engineers also design the electrical systems of automobiles and aircraft.
Electronics engineers design and develop electronic equipment, including broadcast and communications systems, such as portable music players and Global Positioning System (GPS) devices. Many also work in areas closely related to computer hardware.
Electrical engineers typically do the following:
• Design new ways to use electrical power to develop or improve products
• Perform detailed calculations to develop manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications
• Direct the manufacture, installation, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that products meet specifications and codes
• Investigate complaints from customers or the public, evaluate problems, and recommend solutions
• Work with project managers on production efforts to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget
Electronics engineers typically do the following:
• Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications
• Analyze customer needs and determine the requirements, capacity, and cost for developing an electrical system plan
• Develop maintenance and testing procedures for electronic components and equipment
• Evaluate systems and recommend design modifications or equipment repair
• Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, and systems to make sure they meet safety standards and applicable regulations
• Plan and develop applications and modifications for electronic properties used in parts and systems in order to improve technical performance
Electronics engineers who work for the federal government research, develop, and evaluate electronic devices used in a variety of areas, such as aviation, computing, transportation, and manufacturing. They work on federal electronic devices and systems, including satellites, flight systems, radar and sonar systems, and communications systems.
The work of electrical engineers and electronics engineers is often similar. Both use engineering and design software and equipment to do engineering tasks. Both types of engineers also must work with other engineers to discuss existing products and possibilities for engineering projects
Engineers whose work is related exclusively to computer hardware are considered computer hardware engineers.
In this video, Stephen talks about the average Electrical Engineer salary nationally and across the United States. “How much does a Electrical Engineer make?” is an important question for people trying to choose between different fields. Salaries aren’t everything, but it is a component of a career. Electrical Engineers are well paid professionals that play a vital role in our society.
Career Watch is a career driven Youtube channel devoted to informing people about career trends.
😊 ***Support us by subscribing*** 😊